Boys Playing Football from I Didnt Think

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Crossing the Severn Bridge for the six time in 10 days today I thought that I'd find out a bit more.
Here are my top ten facts.
1 - The old Severn Bridge owed about £450 million, The debt was taken on by the new bridge owners
2 - They are not owned by the French
3 - They are owned by a consortium (including Laing and the French & MANY PUBLIC SECTOR PENSION FUNDS but mainly American Banks)
4 - They earn about £76 million a year
5 - They cost about £15 million a year to maintain
6 - They become public ownership after 30 years or £1 billion is made by the holding company.
7 - Currently they earnings are ahead of forecast and will see the bridge become public owned in around 2017
8 - The old bridge starts and ends in England. It does not touch Wales.
9 - You CAN pay by credit or debit card
10 - The second bridge is 3.2 miles long according to the mileage meter on my Van.

This parliamentary debate is the best source of info that I have found.

No comments: